22.7.12

Beauty of Alaska - My Pick

This is my travel blog written in Chinese. I love to share the beauty of our planet earth and my travel experience to friends. Although writing in English will for sure gain much more audience, I just can't write English as fast as Chinese. This particular post is going to be special and an exception. Alaska is so beautiful that I want more people to be able to see it. I have finally processed all my pictures, so here are my favorite ones. Note that you can click on the picture to view a larger version. The best way to see Alaska is on the railroad. This is their selling sentence and I'm sold. Trail Glacier can only be seen from a train. Specifically, you need to take the Coastal Classic between Anchorage and Seward. Alaska is notorious for it's weather and seeing is believing, we only had 1 sunny day out of 19 days. Glad I got this beautiful reflection on that day though. Harding Icefield Trail is arguably the most beautiful trail in Alaska. You don't need to go all the way up to experience it. Exit Glacier is at it's best when viewing from Harding Icefield Trail. Ice climbers on Exit Glacier. A short cruise took us to tons of nesting seabirds in Kenai Fjords National Park. While in Seward, don't miss puffins and harbor seals in Seward SeaLife Center. Independence Mine used to produce gold. Moose in Horseshoe Lake, Denali National Park. So close that I have to retreat right after this shot. Cute arctic ground squirrels are the reason you should hike Savage River Loop in Denali. Savage River is so powerful that you can get a good blur even without a tripod. Riding the shuttle is the best way to experience Denali. Yell out when you see whildlife (that happens a lot). Bear viewing just can't get any better than a trip to Katmai National Park. Grizzly can be so adorable. But they can be very fierce. This is the show time. Grizzly bears fight for the best fishing spot. The strongest bear gets the most salmons. People know about Titanic, but don't know about the largest volcanic eruption in the world of the twentieth century happened in the same year. Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes was then formed. Flight to Lake Clark National Park through Lake Clark Pass is simply breath taking. Tanalian Trails is the most accessible place of Lake Clark National Park. Tanalian Falls is the place you can experience the power of mother nature. Driving is never boring in Alaska. This is on Glenn Highway. Kennicott Glacier and Root Glacier in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. I took this shot during the flight into the park, the best way to get in instead of 3 hours on dirt road. Stepping on Root Glacier is once-in-a-lifetime experience. Exploring the glacier is fun because you never know what you will see. Kennecott Mill Town is in such a harsh place that you will know how tough people are. It's now a ghost town, and you will see how people abandoned nature. I thought Glenn Highway is the most beautiful highway in the world, but quickly changed my mind when I drove Richardson Highway. You see bald eagles almost everywhere in Alaska. Prince William Sound is the best place to see ice bergs up close. It's at this moment I understand the fun of whale watching. Surrounded by ice bergs, I decided to fight global warming and preserve the beauty for the next generation. Crossing Prince William Sound by Alaska Marine "Highway". Homer is another beautiful town. Seriously, every town in Alaska is. Sandhill cranes in the trails of Islands and Oceans Visitor Center, Homer. Alyeska Resort is the place to ski with world famous Turnagain Arm. If you want to see more pictures, you can browse my Albums in Picasa.

2 則留言:

  1. What's the zoom lens you used for the bear? Using any tripod?

    回覆刪除
  2. I carry Canon 5D2+24-105mm and 7D+70-300mm. I believe this is THE BEST combination for traveling.

    回覆刪除